First Covenant is looking for volunteers to provide and serve an evening meal for their homeless shelter guests. Meal volunteers plan, purchase, prepare and serve a meal for 50 shelter guests every night of the week. Would you consider bringing a small group of friends, family members, co-workers, or congregation members to provide a meal? Here’s how you can help:
- Gather a small group (4-8 people) to serve
- Choose an open date from our online calendar at www.1stcov.org/shelter
- Contact our Shelter Volunteer Coordinator to schedule your meal (see below)
- Plan a meal and purchase the food for 50 shelter guests
- Prepare the meal either at home or on-site at First Covenant
- Serve and clean up after the meal – Approximate time frame is 5:30-7:45pm, dinner served at 6:30pm
As we head into the summer months of our first year-round operation of the shelter, we need your help more than ever! For more information or to sign up for a meal, contact our Shelter Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].